Wednesday, November 19, 2014

My Reputation

  To my friends, my reputation is that I know most of the songs that are playing on the radio station. By know, I do not just mean I know who sang it and the name of the song, I can mostly remember all the lyrics and how to sing them.
  I love to listen to music, especially when I'm driving a car. I was not really trying to listen or memorize the music, I just find the music I like and listen to over and over again. I would try to sing along with it after I've listened to it for a while. Day after day, people who's been in my car knows I love to sing when I am driving. From that on, whenever somebody play some good song, I would sing along because I know most of the songs that are trending or really classic.
  At first, my friends would just thought of me as a guy who likes to sing. With time goes by, they begin to realize that I know a lot of songs and I know how to sing a lot of songs. Now, whenever my friend heard a good song and wanted to know the songs name or the singer of the song, 8 out of 10 I can give them the correct answer. I was not trying to listen as much song as possible and keep my reputation because for me this approach is more close to I intended to keep this reputation, not because I love listen to music.
  The way for me to keep my reputation is pretty easy. I just listen to a lot of music. Mostly is because I have a passion with music so I try to listen to as much music as possible. I do not have a really specific taste for music. I believe that different genres have their own ways to be appreciated and I love to explore different kinds of  music so it is easy for me to appreciate most of the music whether it is a old classic or a new hip pop trend. After listening all these years, I feel that I all the music that I listened to helped known a lot of different stuff and expanded my horizon. Not just because I listened, I also tried to put myself in a position that can understand what the singer was trying to do.
  Sometimes I do stray away from my reputation because there are situations that my reputation can be a pain in the ass. With my close friends, I keep my reputation because they would want me to sing when the song is on on my car. However, when I am not fairly close with the people on my car or around, I would try to dial down on my reputation because it may be annoying to them. From my past experience, when somebody say to me that: You Actually Know Every Song Huh? It would be my cue to be quiet a little bit.
  In my opinion, I think an individual's reputation is how his or her habit reflected to others. He or she should know whether this reputation is good or a bad influence in the future. I'm running a crew now and what I care about the most is whether my crew member is on time or not. Some of the crew member may not know, but some of their reputation as tardiness has already built up. So one should always keep an eye on how their reputation are.

2 comments:

  1. This is a good post. You gave a very specific type of behavior - singing and being able to recall song lyrics - and demonstrated how it has become part of your personality.

    One question I have for you is: did you take piano lessons as kid? I did and I learned to like to sing at the piano - mainly show tunes, which sometimes the entire family would do. My sense is that behaviors like yours are learned somehow in childhood. So I'm curious as to what got you started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never taken any piano class. All this begins when I just started high school. Back when I was a kid, I barely sing because when I sing my cousins would just make fun of me(we live really close). One summer, I was listening to my mp3(back then it was called that) and I just started to sing along and my friend said it wasn't bad. So I kept going till now

      Delete